[TYPO3-l10nmgr] l10nmgr

Andreas Otto andreas.otto at dkd.de
Tue Oct 30 11:01:30 CET 2007

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Zielinski wrote:
> -          Last week I added some settings files for CAT tools to branch
> v2 - until now located in /cm1. For users to be able to download them I
> suggest adding /uploads/tx_l10nmgr/ folder. Any objections?

While thinking about it again, I would suggest to store the packages in
typo3temp/. Since the packages are in fact temporary data I think
typo3temp/ is a better location to store the packages.

> -          For multilingual websites with lots of languages it would be
> nice to allow for simultaneous export of xml files for all required target
> languages. So for XML export multiple target language selection would be
> required. What do you think? Might lead to some problems because inline
> edit only works with one language. Also upload would have to change.
>
> -          If multiple XML files could be downloaded they would have to be
> zipped. Is ZIP support available in TYPO3?

You can check if the zip extension for PHP is available and use the PHP
functions.

> -          I've seen that even one single character changed leads to
> exporting a page/content element for translation. Would make sense/be
> possible to include a sort of threshold for a number of characters changed
> to export sth. for translation, e.g. at least X characters? Otherwise
> every simple change by a proof-reader would lead to export.

Some kind of configurable threshold would be nice for that.

Cheers,
Andreas