[TYPO3-irre] disable/hide all subtables

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Feb 25 13:07:58 CET 2007

Oliver Hader wrote:
> sorry, I have to correct myself. I just read the complete thread.
> "mod.web_list.hideTables = tx_myext_table1,tx_myext_table2" just hides
> existing records of the defined tables in the Web>List view.
> But you're looking for a setting to remove these tables to be shown
> after clicking the "Create new record" link.
>
> I currently do not know about a way to set a reversion of
> "mod.web_list.allowedNewTables". I fear this would be a new feature, but
> not available for the Core of TYPO3 4.1.

OK... I was actually expecting (no idea why) that
mod.web_list.hideTables also hides the tables from the new record links.

Even though it's of course a feature, this is one of the rare occasions
in which I would make an exception which I'd let into 4.1 before final,
because IRRE was designed to be able to manage fields where child
records are only handled inside of the parent object (which means
possibility to hide in list view and in new record links) - and if we
now see that there are some places we forgot on the way there, we might
fix that.

However, I would also agree if we let this wait until 4.2.

cheers
Ingmar