[TYPO3 Introduction Package] IP files vs extension

Michael Cannon michael at typo3vagabond.com
Tue May 29 14:47:31 CEST 2012

Sven,

Welcome to the team.

I'm not sure if you're for or against the IP as an extension. Can you
please be clearer?

For our own initial site creation, we have a script that pulls from various
SVN repositories as well. For IP, since we deploy the system as a whole, we
don't need to worry about that.

Next, for IP as an extension, we just keep the ext_emconf updated for
extension requirements and conflicts for when IP is added to a pre-existing
site.

Make sense?

Michael
--