[TYPO3-project-formidable] Validation against other input

Uwe Grohne uwe at grohne.de
Mon Mar 30 21:36:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

I want to validate in the seminars extension, that the number of seats
selected in the registration form is equal to the count of lines in the
textarea for the attendees, so that I know, that the registering person
entered as many persons as seats were reserved. I didn't find any hint on
how to do this, cause I think, I will have to combine a custom PHP validator
with another value. Any ideas on this?

This is the original part of the file:

  <renderlet:LISTBOX name="seats">
   <data>
    <items>
     <item value="1" caption="1" />
     <item value="2" caption="2" />
     <item value="3" caption="3" />
     <item value="4" caption="4" />
     <item value="5" caption="5" />
    </items>
    <defaultvalue>1</defaultvalue>
   </data>
   <validators>
    <validator:PREG>
     <pattern>
      <value>/^[\d]*$/</value>
      <message>LLL:EXT:seminars/pi1/locallang.xml:message_noSeatsNumber</message>
     </pattern>
    </validator:PREG>
    <validator:STANDARD>
     <userobj>
      <extension>this</extension>
      <method>canRegisterSeats</method>
      <message>LLL:EXT:seminars/pi1/locallang.xml:message_invalidNumberOfSeats</message>
     </userobj>
    </validator:STANDARD>
   </validators>
   <process>
    <userobj>
     <extension>this</extension>
     <method>hasRegistrationFormField</method>
     <params>
      <data name="elementname" value="seats" />
     </params>
    </userobj>
   </process>
  </renderlet:LISTBOX>

  <renderlet:TEXTAREA name="attendees_names">
   <validators>
    <validator:STANDARD>
     <userobj>
      <extension>this</extension>
      <method>hasAttendeesNames</method>
      <message>LLL:EXT:seminars/pi1/locallang.xml:message_provideAttendeesNames</message>
     </userobj>
    </validator:STANDARD>
   </validators>
   <process>
    <userobj>
     <extension>this</extension>
     <method>hasRegistrationFormField</method>
     <params>
      <data name="elementname" value="attendees_names" />
     </params>
    </userobj>
   </process>
  </renderlet:TEXTAREA>