[TYPO3-project-formidable] _sqlSearchClause in class.tx_rdtcheckbox.php

Albert van der Veen albert.van.der.veen at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 30 14:11:23 CEST 2009

Albert van der Veen wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
>> There are two ways to create checkboxes in the BE: The bit field which
>> you describe above (which is really ugly to handle), and the nicer way
>> which looks like this in flexforms and which creates a comma-separated
>> list of keys:
>
> Thanks for the reply. However, when I modify the TCA def for the field
> from 'check' to 'flex' and use a flexform like the one your suggesting,
> data gets stored as xml and not as comma-separated list. Am I missing
> something? Was hoping to find an example in your 'seminars' extension,
> as the code you suggested seemed to come from there, but couldn't find
> it in the version that's in the TER.

For completeness sake: this issue has been solved by filling in the gaps
of my knowledge of the Typo3 API :)
If you configure a field in the TCA using the type 'check', values are
saved as an integer, representing bitwise the checked boxes. However, if
you use the type 'select' with the option 'renderMode' => 'checkbox',
you also get checkboxes in the BE and values are saved as a
comma-separated list.
Anyone know why these different ways of storing the data exist? Don't
see the logic in it...

Albert