[TYPO3-project-formidable] Can't update rtd:TEXT field value when using userobj for value

Jerome Schneider typo3dev at ameos.com
Mon Jan 26 14:38:13 CET 2009

Hi Andres,

/data/value *always* overrides the current value of any renderlet

/data/defaultValue is applied only when displaying your form for the
first time (and also while not editing a record); next submits will use
the submitted value

So you should use /data/value to achieve what you describe.

Note that you may well define a userobj on defaultvalue, of course.
And also note that, in your example, the data set on defaultValue is
overriden with the data returned by /value.

Best regards,
Jerome Schneider

PS: you'll find an incomplete and temporary reference documentation at
this address:  http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Formidable_reference