[TYPO3-project-formidable] specify datasource for renderlet when several datasources are available

Thomas Meixner tom.meixner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 22:54:07 CET 2009

I managed to modify my SQL query so I have only one datasource left
which simplifies things. My question remains though:

Is it possible to bind regular renderlets (not the lister) to a
datasource or can they only take data from the datahandler.

I'm trying to pull data for viewing only using data from 2 tables which
are related. If I use the datasource I can correctly construct the sql
statement but am stuck with the Lister. If I use the datahandler I don't
seem to be able to define an advanced sql statement with WHERE clause.

Or am I better of to write this part of my application as a normal TYPO3
plugin?

Thanks
Thomas