[TYPO3-project-formidable] specify datasource for renderlet when several datasources are available

Thomas Meixner tom.meixner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 23:35:51 CET 2009

Hello List,

Is it possible to specify a particular datasource for e.G.
renderlet:TEXT as this is possible with the LISTER?

A shortened example:

<datasources>
	<datasource:DB name="table1" />
	<datasource:DB name="table2" />
</datasources>

<renderlet:LISTER name="myList">
	<datasource use="table2">
</renderlet:LISTER>

To retrieve values from table2 in the Text renderlet I tried something like:

<renderlet:TEXT name="table2.myText" />

But it doesn't work.

I tried a workaround via a LISTER and templating but the value of the
individual renderlets inside a LISTER doesn't seem to be accessible
through templating.

Currently I have to rewrite an sql statement for each field which is not
in the datahandler which is quite cumbersome.

Am I missing something important here?

Thanks for looking,
Thomas Meixner