[TYPO3-project-formidable] Please update Prototype and Scriptaculous

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Thu Aug 13 18:14:46 CEST 2009

Hi Raphael,

Raphael GEYER schrieb:
> Are you ok with the following roadmap :
> - we update branch 1 in the TER, may be the last one ;-)
> - we release a lastest branch 2 at http://formidable.typo3.ug
> - you integrate branch 2 in your projects, with our support if needed
> - you validate the used or updated branch 2
> - we publish branch 2 to the TER

This sounds like a good plan if our patches (and a fix for the quoting
issue which I've e-mailed to Jerome) can be integrated before the 1.1
branch release to the TER.

As I expect that it will take some time for us to switch our extensions
to FORMidable 2 (and we need to maintain the maintenance branches of our
extensions in the meantime), maybe an additional bug-fix release of
branch 1.1 would be good. These are the 1.1 (and probable trunk) bugs
which I currently know of and which don't have a fix yet:

- The HTML template cannot be found if the TYPO3 installation lives in a
sub directory of the document root: FORMidable appends the directory
twice, resulting in a mayday like this (the "abc" is doubled):

Formidable::Mayday
RENDERER TEMPLATE - The given template
/home/.sites/123/site/web/abc/abc/typo3conf/ext/seminars/Resources/Private/Templates/FrontEnd/RegistrationEditor.html
with subpart marquer '###REGISTRATION_EDITOR_STEP_1###') returned an
empty string - Check your template

- DATE renderlets that are not marked as editable don't use the former
date when the datepicker is opened.

- The UPLOAD or FILE renderlet cut of some letters of multiple file names.

- Labels, e.g. for checkboxes need to be htmlspecialchared.

This list is just from memory, so it's not very detailed.

I'll try to come up with patches for these issues, but if you FORMidable
guys fix them first, that'd be also okay for me. ;-)

Best regards,

Oliver