[TYPO3-project-formidable] v1. Branch, v2.x Branch: Roadmap

Jerome Schneider typo3dev at ameos.com
Fri May 23 11:06:47 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

We simplified and improved the inner data-structure of Formidable in the
last couple of days.

As it turned out, It's far too difficult to ensure a reasonable amount
of back-compat while making things evolve at this stage.

Here's the roadmap for the future of formidable:

*up to revision 183*: This branch is to be considered as v1.x. We'll
continue to maintain it and bugfix it, but it will remain feature freezed.

*between 184 and 200*: These revisions are to be considered completely
unusable, transition bugs

*revision 200 and above*: This branch is to be considered as v2.x. This
version will free itselves from back-compat problems on particular
deprecated features, that will be removed from Formidable. We'll
maintain a deprecation list between 1.x and 2.x on formidable.typo3.ug
to ease the migration process. Note: aside from deprecated stuff,
back-compat should be possible between Branches 1 and 2.

Soon I'll publish a deprecation list, along with the new statements that
will structure branch 2, as well as new features that these changes are
making possible. Mainly : datahandler:LISTER disappears, as /recombine
on renderlets and /customTags. A detailed post follows in this newslist.

Some problems:

* How to handle the two branches of the same extension on the TER ? the
EXT:seminars guys experienced such issues as they were using 0.7.x
version in seminars, while we wrere releasing v1.0.0 on the TER. If
someone could have a brilliant idea here, I'm buying !

* Has someone advices on how to create a new branch on the SVN ?

Making this together, any comment is appreciated !

--

*Jérôme Schneider*
/Developer/