[TYPO3-project-formidable] New Ajax Handling of renderlet

Luc Muller l.mul-nospam-ler at ameos.com
Tue Feb 19 18:07:44 CET 2008

Hi list

After a few reflection I suggest a new way to handle stuff in Ajax.

This post is mostly a note for us to keep in mind this idea and collect
feeling about it.

Well what I think is that every renderlet should be processed or not by the
server if we need them or not.

In this way we could have a new params in every renderlet let

<renderlet:TEXT activate="true/false">

with true as default value.

if activate is set to false, then the renderlet is not processed by server

this would be useful for boxes and stuff like that.

What we would be able to do with that is to activate renderlet in ajax.

on a renderlet:button on click(ajax_activate["myrenderlet"]);

in this way server time is used only on useful element. and reduce
processing time.

I don't know If I'm clear enough.

how about this idea ?

Luc =:0)