[TYPO3-project-formidable] Please release a 1.0.x maintenance release

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Sun Aug 24 14:37:10 CEST 2008

Hi all,

FORMidable 1.0.0 is plagued by a rather nasty crasher with certain PHP
versions. This crasher has been fixed in the meantime, but currently no
new version is available in the TER.

This is very bad for my projects in which I use FORMidable. My customers
don't feel comfortable downloading extensions from "some random site",
feeling safer downloading them from the TER and using the update check
that is available in the extension manager.

So I ask if Ameos could please release a 1.0.x maintenance release to
the TER as soon as possible, and then release new maintenance releases
regularly (either when a critical bug has been fixed, or just every one
or two months or so).

We'd like to continue using FORMidable (because it offers great features
and switching to another solution would be quite expensive), but the
current situation really is frustrating. Especially, I find it very hard
to explain to my customers that they just "have to put up with the
crashers" (which I cannot do anything about because the already fixed
version of FORMIdable isn't available in the TER).

So, would it be possible to do those maintenance releases? Is there
anything I can do to help getting them out of the door?

Best regards,

Oliver