[TYPO3-project-formidable] Testing Formidable "How to use validators".

Ian Solo ian at webian.it
Fri Apr 25 15:12:28 CEST 2008

Hello Luc,
thanks for the answer

Luc Muller wrote:
> Hello Ian.
>
> Glad to see formidable is getting new "addicts" :p

Yes, I have the feeling that I will become addicted to this framework :)

I'm sorry that I told too less...

I forgot to mention that I'm using:
TYPO3 4.1.6
PHP 5.2.0
MySQL 4.1.7
ameos_formidable 1.0.0

Following this tutorial:
http://formidable.typo3.ug/tutorials/start-up-a-project-with-formidable.html

I made a simple FE plugin extension with the Kickstarter, and called it
"ian_formidabletest".

Here follow the class.tx_ianformidabletest_pi1.php code without the
comments:

START OF class.tx_ianformidabletest_pi1.php
<?php
require_once(PATH_tslib.'class.tslib_pibase.php');
require_once(PATH_formidableapi);
class tx_ianformidabletest_pi1 extends tslib_pibase {

	var $prefixId      = 'tx_ianformidabletest_pi1';
	var $scriptRelPath = 'pi1/class.tx_ianformidabletest_pi1.php';
	var $extKey        = 'ian_formidabletest';

	var $pi_checkCHash = true;

	function main($content,$conf)	{

		$this->oForm = t3lib_div::makeInstance("tx_ameosformidable");
		$this->oForm->init(
			$this,	// reference to the current plugin object
			"EXT:ian_formidabletest/pi1/xml/myapp.xml" // soft-path to xml file
		);

		return $this->oForm->render();

	}
}

if (defined('TYPO3_MODE') &&
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[TYPO3_MODE]['XCLASS']['ext/ian_formidabletest/pi1/class.tx_ianformidabletest_pi1.php'])
{
	include_once($TYPO3_CONF_VARS[TYPO3_MODE]['XCLASS']['ext/ian_formidabletest/pi1/class.tx_ianformidabletest_pi1.php']);
}
?>
END  OF  class.tx_ianformidabletest_pi1.php

Then I started to play with the file myapp.xml...

> Which validator are you trying to implement ?
> Can you show us the Xml file your're using ?

I first tried this:

******************
START OF myapp.xml
******************
<formidable version="1.0.0"
	xmlns:datahandler="http://www.ameos.com/formidable/1.0.0/datahandler"
	xmlns:datasource="http://www.ameos.com/formidable/1.0.0/datasource"
	xmlns:renderer="http://www.ameos.com/formidable/1.0.0/renderer"
	xmlns:renderlet="http://www.ameos.com/formidable/1.0.0/renderlet"
	xmlns:validator="http://www.ameos.com/formidable/1.0.0/validator"
	xmlns:actionlet="http://www.ameos.com/formidable/1.0.0/actionlet">
		<name>Standard XML file</name>
		<form formid="myform"/>
		<debug>false</debug>
		<displaylabels>true</displaylabels>

	<control>
		<datahandler:VOID/>
		<renderer:STANDARD/>
	</control>

	<elements>

		<renderlet:TEXT name="required" label="My text field required">
			<validators>
				<validator:STANDARD>
					<required message="text field is required" />
				</validator:STANDARD>
			</validators>
		</renderlet:TEXT>

		<renderlet:SUBMIT name="submit" value="submit" label="submit" />
	</elements>

</formidable>
******************
END OF myapp.xml
******************

The page shows the form with:
the label "My text field require"
the input box
the submit button

I click the submit button without write on the input box, the page
refresh but I don't get any error "text field is required".
I also checked the source of the page.

Then I tried with the xml in your link [1]. Same result.

Then I tried with the xml in this page:
http://formidable.typo3.ug/features/accessibility-with-unobtrusive-js.html
and this works.

That's all. If you need more informations, just ask.

Thanks again!ian