[TYPO3-project-formidable] Questions about new serchform-and-list concept

Jerome Schneider j.schneider at ameos.com
Mon Jul 23 10:14:07 CEST 2007

Hi Paweł,

1) Yes you can use majix to set values to blank in searchforms ; fields
in searchforms are child-renderlets of the renderlet:SEARCHFORM, and
they're available in $this->aORenderlets ( the array of renderlet
Objects ) as all the other renderlets.

2) You"re right, there are sessions invloved in the process in
renderlet:SEARCHFORM, as it offers a good mean to persist data accross
page-refreshes. The counterpart is this stickyness of the search terms.
For now I don't know how to handle the clearing of search data in the
session ( I mean automatically and smartly )

Here's the problem:
The renderlet:LISTER uses plain <a>-links to navigate thru pages and
sort records. So there's no post of data while changing page. And so the
content of the searchform has to be kept in session.

A potential solution would be to add a search-criterias-key in each url,
that will reuse criterias in session if key is present, and clean them
if not.

What's your opinion ?

Jerome