[TYPO3-project-formidable] Auto-completion ?

Jérémy Lecour jeremy.lecour at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 13:20:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

I don't have any clue on how to make it non-obstrusive. Maybe there is
a look to have on Xajax and its TYPO3 implementation.

For the moment I'm building a hand-made extension with the main
function that prints out the basics and includes the JS libs, ...
The other functions are called from ajax and are taking care of data
exchange, ...

It's ok for my goals, but it is impossible to degrade in a non JS way,
I make no use of any framework for the DB, ... and it would be
difficult to refactor for something else.

I guess there is some room for improvement and abstraction in this
area. Let's keep hope.

2007/7/13, Jerome Schneider <j.schneider at ameos.com>:
> Hi jeremy,
>
> yes this is a shiny 2.0 feature that could juice a bit more formidable :)
>
> We're not on the hook to add such peripheral-features now, but in the
> future, we will certainly
>
> Do you know elegant-non-obtrusive ways of doing this in a web-page ?
>
> Regards, jerome
>
> Jérémy Lecour a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > In those great ajax days, I wonder if there is a way to do some
> > auto-completion in FORMidable.
> >
> > I'd like to have a text field that could seek the DB for records based
> > on what I type.
> > The best would be to include in the search the other fields of the form.
> >
> > Cheers

Jérémy Lecour : <mailto:jeremy.lecour at gmail.com>
webdesigner, webmaster et développeur web
Provence Linux User Group : http://www.plugfr.org/