[TYPO3-project-formidable] howto question

François SCHOSSIG fs.nospam1 at a-e-r.org
Thu Feb 8 10:57:36 CET 2007

One pi is enough... And everything is there standard !

You can do it in several ways :

- 1st way :
   Step #1 is a standard form
   Step #2 is the same form, but readonly and playing with the
buttons...
   Step #3 is a standard lister form
More or less the steps directed by the php code of your extension.

- 2nd way : the validation button can be in several modes
   - one is a draft mode (stores the form, but do not activate the
<validators>)
   - the second is the validation mode (stores the form only if the
<validators> are ok)
And you use a specific field like a status, containing draft/
published, that you store depending of the button that has been
clicked on.
This possibility enables you to permit your visitors to save their
data during their work and to submit them once they have finished.

- 3rd way : again with the modes of the validation button...
If you absolutely do not want your visitors to save data without
validation, you can add a button that does only check the
<validators>, but without saving the form. And you give you visitor a
real feadback through the error messages shown.

   <renderlet:SUBMIT name="bouton_draft">
     <draft \>
     <label>LLL:EXT:aer_boitoutils/
aer_locallang.xml:form.bouton_draft</label>
   </renderlet:SUBMIT>

   <renderlet:SUBMIT name="bouton_test">
     <test />
     <label>LLL:EXT:aer_boitoutils/
aer_locallang.xml:form.bouton_test</label>
   </renderlet:SUBMIT>

   <renderlet:SUBMIT name="bouton_publish">
     <submit \>
     <label>LLL:EXT:aer_boitoutils/
aer_locallang.xml:form.bouton_publish</label>
   </renderlet:SUBMIT>

- more ?
--
F. SCHOSSIG, ICT Manager