[TYPO3-project-formidable] Official Forms Library

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Sep 21 00:11:54 CEST 2006

Hi Jerome,

Jerome Schneider wrote:
> But ...
>
> During our discussions on the net and at T3DD06 you told me that you were in
> charge of the dev of the new backend & frontend form CORE-layer for TYPO3,
> together with Sebastian.

It's right that Sebastian and me were planning to completely refactor
TCEForms to make it usable in the Frontend as well. But as I told you,
we dropped the idea because the required changes would be too drastic
for the 4.x branch. Maybe for 5.0 the ideas of using the same form
library in the Frontend as in the Backend can finally be put into reality.

> Could there be 2 'official' ways of doing things in T3 ;) The CORE-one and
> the ECT-supported one ?

As long as they have different focuses, yes.

> Anyway, we're all just trying to make good work according to our opinions,
> no less, no more.

Right!

cheers
Ingmar