[TYPO3-project-formidable] On submitting a form

Jerome Schneider j.schneider at ameos.com
Tue Nov 14 11:03:33 CET 2006

Hi françois, sorry for didn't answering faster, but we got lot's and lot's
of work :)
In fact the point you've noticed is just the way Formidable is working...
When you create a record with formidable, it keeps the id of the record,
when it's created, so when you come back to the "creating page" in fact
you
can edit, the item you've created.
it's a security to avoid mistakes in creating items.

Luc Muller

François SCHOSSIG a écrit :
> I do not know if it is great for most of the use cases. But in the way I
> have understood FORMidable working it looks for me like a bug : normally
> FORMidable re-edits the same record if it's uid is given as last
> parameter to the instance of FORMidable. If this is not given, a new
> record is created.
>
> So if somebody has to submit several different forms but with
> information that is close together, this person will not be able to
> reuse the same form (with the go back of the browser), but needs to
> reload a new empty form each time and put again all the information. Why
> not, but then how could it be possible to prevent users to do the go
> back in the browser in this case ? If not, if they use it, they will not
> know about it and we loose information that they think we have should
> have received...
>
> On another side, to modify the last information sendet, you have the
> possibility to use the save button on a form that re-loads the same record.
>
> Thanks for ideas.
> --
> F. SCHOSSIG, ICT Manager
> Assemblée des Régions d'Europe
> http://www.a-e-r.org
>

> Le 13 nov. 06 à 10:32, Ingmar Schlecht a écrit :
>
>> François SCHOSSIG schrieb:
>>> Good afternoon,
>>>
>>> I have just noticed something in the submitting phase of FORMidable.
>>>
>>> 1. Open and type the information in a form.
>>> 2. Submit the form (my form makes a redirection).
>>> 3. The record appears in the MySQL table. -> this is OK!
>>> 5. You get the form back and modify it.
>>> 6. Submit again