[TYPO3-doc] WDYT: What do you think about "ExtbaseBook-1"

Martin Bless martin.bless at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:51:34 CEST 2015

Hello friends,

we have this translation of Sebastian Kurfürst's and Jochen Rau's
extbase book. Let's call it "ExtbaseBook-1".

https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/ExtbaseFluidBook/

Great:

Users send in more and more corrections and pull requests for the
online version of this book.

To be thought over:

The book addresses Extbase version 4.x. Meanwhile we are at 6.x
and 7.x and have namespaces and a lot of further developments. How
should we best handle this with respect to documentation?

My thoughts:

I would take a rather "naive" and simple approach. I'd suggest to
create a "4.7" branch and maintain the book "as it is" there. And
additionally we would have a "latest" branch where we are trying
to keep up with the latest developments.

Q: And what are your thoughts and suggestions?

Ah, upcoming question while I'm writing this: What about the
german version of that book? AFAIK it's available as ebook. What's
the status of "legal stuff", permissions and so on? Who's got the
rights? It would be a "dreamland vision" of course, if the
original german version could be online as well.

H.A.N.D. - Have a nice day!

Martin

--
http://mbless.de