[TYPO3-doc] Where have I been?

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:42:57 CEST 2015

Quote: Timothy Mark Brennan  wrote on Sat, 09 May 2015 07:52
> I am available and would like to connect to someone I could work with.
> I am available to help and would like someone to follow.

Well, I'll keep that in mind as I work on the docs build system. I'm trying to
keep things in a state that will allow others to pick up and run with it.
Marc Neuhaus helped redesign some major parts of the app so that it's
a lot easier to figure out how everything is connected.

Once I iron out some of the bugs in the docs rendering, I need to:
* Revisit the security policies of the app (I think it's a bit too open now)
* Get the hooks working so that a TER upload, and similar, will
trigger a doc rebuild. (That is, integrate with the t3 rabbitmq)
* Finish some of the UI for administering the building/maintenance of the docs.

See below for more on my participation.

> > On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 14:38 +0200, François Suter wrote:
> >
> > > At the end of 2014, as announced, I resigned from my position as leader
> > > of the Documentation Team.
> >
> > ...and the DocTeam has not been the same since then :-( Maybe I missed
> > something, but my impression is, that the DocTeam became very quiet the
> > last 4 months.

I am just getting started again, sorry I haven't done much for this part of the year.
I'm focused on the docs infrastructure, and I don't really watch the ML much.
If anyone sees something that I can help with, feel free to ping me in Slack, or
via email or even twitter, and I'll pop in and participate in a discussion, like
I'm doing here.

> > > I needed the break. And still need it.
> >
> > I sometimes feel the same. If I should ever have the courage, I would
> > take a looooong break and travel around for a few months :-)

Life sometimes demands a break, whether or not we want to take it :)
I'm glad you (François) are getting the break you need. Thanks for all you've done.

Between school and my wife's difficult pregnancy (It'll be a boy!) I have been too
scatter brained to get much of anything done so far this year. Sorry about that,
but you can expect to see the new build infrastructure up and running within a
few weeks. (at least that's my hope)

Cheers,
Jacob Floyd