[TYPO3-doc] porting a site to another computer

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Sep 28 00:34:18 CEST 2014

Hi Jim,

Jim MacFarlane wrote:

> What am I missing here? When I test the site in the install screens
> nothing shows up there. Is there some command that can be run to
> recreate the missing pages?

You are not missing a page, but a working URL rewriting configuration. Most
likely you forgot to include the *hidden* .htaccess file while moving your
site.
Make sure to deploy this file on the production server. If this does not
help either, check your webserver configuration. Maybe it misses some
modules or ignores the .htaccess configurations.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!