[TYPO3-doc] porting a site to another computer

Jim MacFarlane jmacfarlane094 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 22:55:56 CEST 2014

I have a question about moving a site from a development computer to a
production computer.

I have backed up the database and the directory for the site and
restored them onto another computer along with the correct version of
the typo3_src, version 6.2.4. I am using typo3 CMS.

I am able to get into the back end and see all the pages there for
maintenance and to view them, but when I go to the site front end I can
see the first page only and then when clicking to see one of the other
pages a message comes up saying the requested URL/christmas-cantata.html
not found.

What am I missing here? When I test the site in the install screens
nothing shows up there. Is there some command that can be run to
recreate the missing pages?

Jim MacFarlane