[TYPO3-doc] Mentioning Github in Feedback section of each manual

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Fri Oct 17 04:18:19 CEST 2014

On 17/10/14 00:06, François Suter wrote:

> Rather than mentioning Forge for issues, I would mention the Github
> issues list and - more importantly - encourage people to simply click on
> the "Edit me on GitHub" button and contribute.

Great idea.

[...]
> If you find a bug in this manual, just hit the "Edit me on GitHub"
> button in the top right corner and submit a pull request via GitHub.
> Alternatively you can just file an issue using the bug tracker:
> https://github.com/TYPO3-Documentation/TYPO3CMS-Reference-Typoscript/issues

In the light of having various formats and media, e.g. a PDF document, a
printed version of a manual, maybe a manual embedded in another system -
not always at docs.typo3.org - a button in the top right corner does
possible not exist.

The wording you suggested works perfectly fine at docs.typo3.org, but we
can not say nor predict where the ReST docs are rendered for, so I would
suggest something more like:

(quote) "...just hit the "Edit me on GitHub" button at
<link>docs.typo3.org</link> and submit a pull request via GitHub."

> Maintaining quality documentation is hard work and the Documentation
> Team is always looking for volunteers. If you feel like helping please
> join the documentation mailing list/forum
> (http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/f/44/).

While we are at it... :-) my suggestion:

(quote) "Maintaining high quality documentation requires time and effort
and the TYPO3 Documentation Team always appreciates support. If you want
to support us, please join the documentation mailing list/forum
(http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/f/44/)."

Cheers
Michael