[TYPO3-doc] Next team meeting, Nov 13, 2014, 21:00 CET

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Tue Nov 11 08:30:07 CET 2014

On 11/11/14 02:38, François Suter wrote:

>> [...] since we need to coordinate to merge changes
>> (http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/core/latest/) into
>> corresponding manuals prior (?) to releasing.
>
> Indeed. But when is there going to be a release? Is it already coming
> soon? I must admit that I am worried about the release frequency. If
> those "early adopter" (or whatever the non-LTS releases are called
> happen often and there are documentation updates needed each time, I
> fear that our wee little doc team will not be able to keep up.

That's an interesting discussion/decision. We, the "TYPO3 CMS - What's
New slides" Team, just started a similar conversation. Should we aim to
publish the slides for each and every version of TYPO3 CMS? Even for the
"snapshot releases" or maybe the LTS versions only (which would be every
1.5 years then)?

Or could this become a kind of "continues integration" process, where we
add and translate the texts while we go along and publish a "complete"
LTS version, which consists of all previous versions since the last LTS?

I see some similarities in the process between the "standard" TYPO3 docs
and the "What's New slides" here :-)

PS: sorry for being "off-topic"... this has nothing to do with the team
meeting, I know.

Cheers
Michael