[TYPO3-doc] Fragmented wiki.typo3.org

Daniel Alder dalder at snowflake.ch
Wed Mar 26 14:49:37 CET 2014

Hi there!

Are you still using wiki.typo3.org as a "main source"?

If "yes", would it be possible to restructure the wiki & merge any kind
of external sources to the wiki? Or should I simply do it? :)

At the moment most of informations are outdated, saved in some
unstructured pages or just links to external pages.

So would it be possible to create a more structured wiki and "archiving"
the current articles till they are migrated/updated?

For example using the same structure as in docs.typo3.org

TYPO3 CMS (typo3cms)
- Extbase
-- Controller
-- ViewHelper
- Fluid
- Typoscript
- ...

TYPO3 Flow (typo3flow)
- ...
- ...

If "No", where should documentations be supplied?

Background:
Instead of searching documentations for extbase/fluid/TYPO3 all over the
internet again and again it, makes sense to store/collect them
somewhere. But instead of adding this to an internal documentation this
could be done "on the fly" to the wiki. So the next time the information
will be there and centralized (so I do not have to know any kind of
possible sources: "was it on forge or in the wiki?"). But currently it
difficult to know where and how to do it the "right way".

Thanks for your answers!

PS: Thanks for the huge work in different places to prepare the 6.2
release! This is really great to see!