[TYPO3-doc] formal or informal in official docs

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 11 12:33:02 CET 2014

Hi,

> I don't know what others think but personally I'm not comfortable with
> "du" (German), "tu" (French) in slides. I think of it more as a way to
> speak to everyone ("sie", "vous") rather than any real formal speaking,
> this way, at least in my head, it's semi-formal while being heard as
> formal by anyone willing to hear that.

I can't say for other languages, but I would find it weird in French to
have a manual address me in an informal way. So I would go for formal.

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -
http://www.monpetitcoin.com/en/francois/support-me/