[TYPO3-doc] Rendering of system extension manuals

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Dec 11 13:51:19 CET 2014

Hi all,

I'm following up on this situation.

> But it may be a rendering issue. Look at that page for example:
>
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/rtehtmlarea/
>
> it says that the last rendering happened on 2014-11-13. When do we
> trigger a rendering of the sysext manuals? Is it purely manual?

Last rendering is now 2014-12-05 so that looks better.

However we have a new bug: when I recently updated the version for
sysext manuals to "7", I also changed the root Index.rst page to use the
|release| substitution instead of a hard-coded version number. This does
not seem to work. In fact the whole Settings.yml file does not seem to
be taken into account.

If you look at:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/rtehtmlarea/latest/

You will see that the the box in the top-left corner says "Project Name
0.0.0" and the version number in the page itself is "0.0.0".

Could someone please look into that?

> However you can't find extension "core" on the search page. The reason
> is that it is not include in the JSON file containing the list of all
> available extension manuals:
>
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/extensions.js

This issue still exists.

>     Coding Guidelines Reference
>     Core API Reference
>     TCA Reference
>     TSconfig Reference
>     TypoScript Reference
>     TypoScript Syntax Reference

And about those official manuals with a "7" version:

According to last month's team meeting, we're not supposed to have a
"latest" version anymore. We should have "6.2" and "stable" pointing to
"7". As far as I can see, this is just a matter of having the "stable"
symlink point to the "latest" folder on the server and hiding the
"latest" item from the version-switching menu.

This kind of light change would make it easy to start displaying the
"latest" item again when work on TYPO3 CMS 8 starts.

Can someone take care of these various points? Should open Forge issues
about them?

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -