[TYPO3-doc] Reporting about the code sprint

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Apr 17 17:13:24 CEST 2014

Hi Philipp,

> Please do not make it slower. Some rarely visited pages are already very
> slow.

We also noticed. This seems to have started only a couple of weeks ago.
We investigated a bit during the code sprint, but could not find any
obvious reason. It seems that the Apache server suddenly hangs on a
random file, but load/usage/memory/whatever never shows a peak.

> Please do also consider that manuals which are shown in the backend must be
> visible without any HTTP request to the outside. This is currently not the
> case and it makes showing manuals very slow as the browser has to wait for
> the network timeout.

That's a good point. Actually if we activated the JSON rendering (which
is not available currently) we could probably change the Documentation
module to fetch the JSON and then show the manuals locally, which would
improve its performance and usage. The current module should be
considered an improvement over having nothing, but can definitely be
improved.

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -