[TYPO3-doc] Version numbers for official documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 15 10:03:27 CEST 2014

Hi all,

A long time ago we decided that those official manuals which were
strictly related to the TYPO3 CMS Core would use the same version
numbers, i.e. the current versions of TSref, TCA reference, etc., are
labeled "6.2".

But we thought that other, more general manuals did not need to follow
that pattern, e.g. Security Guide, Templating Tutorial, etc.

I have reconsidered this lately and I think that it's not wise choice. A
manual which has a version number matching that of TYPO3 CMS (at least
for "x.y" in "x.y.z") clearly indicates that it has been revised and is
fully working with that particular version of TYPO3 CMS.

What do you think?

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -