[TYPO3-doc] PDF doc styling

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Apr 14 13:57:04 CEST 2014

Hello Bernhard,

> An example of TCA reference (type => 'text') before ReST:
> http://pasteboard.co/27zoRQKv.png
>
> And how the same section looks nowadays:
> http://pasteboard.co/27zz49c6.png
>
> First the PDF index (left sidepane) isn't complete (it doesn't show
> entries for every TCA type (group, select, text, flex, ...) and also the
> table rendering is a pain to read ...
>
> I know you won't render it as table again - but at least there should be
> some separators between  what where table rows before.

To be honest, there is no plan to make it look like when it was OOo. The
markup currently in use in your example is a custom "table" markup we do
not want to use anymore, but official documents have been converted
using this format and it takes a lot of effort to update.

The way we advocate is like that:
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/restdoc/Configuration/TxRestdocPi1/Index.html
(see source as well if needed).

It renders as page 11 of