[TYPO3-doc] Integrating "Disqus" on docs.typo3.org

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Sep 9 11:02:08 CEST 2013

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

Hi Jigal,

>> * Voting (so helpful comments can be displayed on top)
>>
>> That's a bit more complex. Especially in regards to the ordering of
>> nested comments.
>
> Maybe these features can be one?
>
> http://tweakers.net/nieuws/91054/google-viert-vijftiende-verjaardag.html
>
> It's a Dutch tech-related website which also only allows people with an
> account to respond and vote. There is a filter to "hide" (only author
> and date shown) comments with less than a certain level. By default
> level -1 (inappropriate) is "hidden".

That's a neat feature, but it could be "easily" done on the client-side!
What I meant with "bit more complex" is the voting-based sorting of a
tree on the server-side. The "nested tree" behavior I used to test this
[1] doesn't support this and those nested trees are quite flaky anyways.
But I don't think that a multidimensional tree would be good for
*.typo3.org anyways (we don't need another forum IMO).

[1] https://github.com/l3pp4rd/DoctrineExtensions/blob/master/doc/tree.md

--
Bastian Waidelich
--