[TYPO3-doc] Integrating "Disqus" on docs.typo3.org

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Wed Sep 4 14:30:17 CEST 2013

On 09/04/2013 02:11 PM, Aske Ertmann wrote:
> Hello list
>
> Seems to me that the whole ruling out using Disqus still hasn't been
> decided and no one has contacted the board. I think we shouldn't start
> creating budget applications before it has actually been decided that it
> cannot be used. Personally I think it's a waste of money to spend a lot
> of time re-inventing the wheel when there are perfect 3rd party tools
> available for free. Concerning the tracking I think it will suffice to
> do it the same way the share buttons for extensions on typo3.org are
> made, by having to click something in order to load the comments.

[...]

I personally don't think that throwing money at "problems" (especially
like this) is a good idea at all. Let's just get things done.
(But that's a personal view ...)

And I also don't think that we need external services (for the mentioned
reasons) just to have a comment-functionality. Come on :-(

Kind regards,
 Stefan