[TYPO3-doc] Translation of terms in the BE

Michael Schams typo3ml at schams.net
Mon Nov 11 07:57:41 CET 2013

Hi doc team,

Assuming you would translate an official doc into another lanuage...
let's say Spanish... how should terms related to TYPO3 Backend (e.g.
"Install Tool") be translated?

In general, I would say, these names should stay in English. However,
thinking about this a little bit more, some factors are involved in
this, e.g. how do the related screenshots look like? Do they show the
Spanish BE or the original English language?

Is the term (e.g. "Install Tool") translated in the BE at all or are
there cases, where terms are not translated?

And because I am after a generic answer, which applies to *all* possible
languages and not only Spanish for example,... any advices? How is this
handled in other documents? What would you recommend?

Does this make any sense what I am after? :-)

Cheers
Michael