[TYPO3-doc] Documentation redirects....

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 22 14:43:09 CET 2013

Hi Tolleiv,

> would be great to get some feedback on required redirects from old to
> new documentations on typo3.org.

For the official documentation the situation is as follows. All links
that can be found in that section of typo3.org:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/

would need to be redirected to docs.typo3.org. Actually if you visit
those three pages:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/guides/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/

you have a list of both old and new URLs. As far as you know this was
done by Ben during your last code sprint. However the few translations
that exist have not yet been ported to ReST and are thus not available
on docs.typo3.org.

The various versions must also be taken care of, e.g.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/current/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.5.0/

should both redirect http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TyposcriptReference/
as we don't have a fully working, multiple version handling scheme on
docs.typo3.org yet.

Note that on the page
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/, it's all text and
manual links, so we will edit that ourselves (seems like  this was
forgotten).

> There's a "related" ticket which seems to "touch" the surface of it -
> but I won't touch some parts of the (extension) documentations without
> knowing that this really covers the actual requirements.

For extensions we have all manuals rendered here:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/

A given extension manual (including version) can be accessed as

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/vge_tagcloud/1.7.0/

Since we don't yet have a coupling with the extension upload process,
the manual is not rendered on demand, but there's a cron job running
every 2 hours. So all extension manuals are up to date within a maximum
delay of 2 hours.

Is this helpful? Do you need more information?