[TYPO3-doc] Making doc_* extensions obsolete

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 22 09:28:24 CET 2013

Hi all,

One step we need to take in our migration to ReST is also to make all
"doc_*" extensions obsolete and point to the new location on docs.typo3.org.

I did that yesterday with "doc_core_api" with the following (see [1]):

- changed state to "obsolete"
- changed description to "Now available at
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/"
- used that also for last upload comment
- wanted to set the TYPO3 dependency constraint, but forgot

However - before going on with the others - I was wondering if that was
sufficient. Should we do something with the manual too?

I see several options:

- remove the SXW file entirely
- edit it and add a note at the top pointing to the new location
- empty it and leave only a note pointing to the new location

What do you think?

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/doc_core_api