[TYPO3-doc] Sphinx, There and Back Again

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Mar 13 13:08:07 CET 2013

[Elmar] wrote & schrieb:

>Hi, another thing for your interest
>
>Because docs.typo3.org doesn't read sphinx from extensions, I generate manual.sxw automatically by use of sphinx singlehtml and soffice headless. On docs.typo3.org it is then generated back to sphinx.
>
>This is what the result looks like:  http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/esp/0.10.1/
>
>Some warnings, but the roundtripping works basically.

It's good to see that and to see your interest.

You may as well check the "Get The Docs" service:

(1) Online helpers: "Get The Docs" by Fabien Udriot
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-documentation/2012-December/004257.html

(2) From manual.sxw to ReST (TYPO3 Sphinx structure):
http://docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/service-convert.html

(3) From ReST to HTML:
http://docs.typo3.org/getthedocs/service-render.html

If you add the "_make" folder to the result in (2) your Sphinx
project is immediately ready for local rendering.

You can take the "_make" stuff from one of the official manuals
like the following one. This also tells you where to put it:
http://git.typo3.org/Documentation/TYPO3/Example/OfficialManual.git/tree/HEAD:/Documentation/_make
or simply download it from here:
http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/2013-03-14-ReST-Workshop-Stuttgart/_make.zip

"Get The Docs" probably doesn't reflect the latest state of the
"T3PythonDocBuilder" that's actually running on the Docs server.
Same problem with the RestTools Git repository: It's not
completely up to date. Could somebody contribute a day or two with
some more hours in it ?-)

Nice to see you back here ...

Martin

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de