[TYPO3-doc] RFC: Request rendering through web service

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Jun 12 10:46:27 CEST 2013

Hi Martin.

Quote: Martin Bless wrote on Sat, 08 June 2013 14:24
> Current state of notification services:

Ah, very good to know! Thanks.

> A. TYPO3 Git/Gerrit
> B. TER

Ok, we have control over A) and B) is yet to be created, which means in both cases we could use one hook/endpoint/format (if we wanted.)

> C. Github

Ok, for this we cannot go REST but have to adjust to the "vanilla web hook" idea, as we cannot change the format they push. Same is true for anything that comes up in the future.

> I could leave everything on srv123 as it is but additionally
> forward each JSON array that arrives from

Nah, I think that doesn't help right now. Thanks for the offer, I might get back to it, though,

> In my world there would be a dedicated receiver for each source at http://docs.typo3.org/services/

I will do one endpoint "/hooks", below "/api" to have all Flow-related stuff under one path. A service identifier follows and is mapped to a controller for handling the differences between services. For now JSON data in a POST request will be expected.

* http://docs.typo3.org/api/hooks/reviewtypo3org
* http://docs.typo3.org/api/hooks/tertypo3org
* http://docs.typo3.org/api/hooks/githubcom

The REST API to further interact with the system will be under "/api" as well, but should not be used to request rendering (although it can, but the hooks are more lightweight.)

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns