[TYPO3-doc] left nav menu is always collapsed?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Jul 19 12:04:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I noticed though that as you drill down into the heirachy of topics, the
> menu on the left of the screen does not remember where you are and is
> always collapsed to the top level of topics.
>
> eg: go to
> http://docs.typo3.org/flow/TYPO3FlowDocumentation/TheDefinitiveGuide/PartIII/Validation.html
>
> and the menu at left only displays:
>
>   Quickstart,
>   The definitive guide,
>   TYPO3 publications style guide
>
> instead of:
>   Qucikstart
>   The definitive guide
>       Part III: Manual
>           Validation
>   TYPO3 publications style guide

In fact, it works up to the first sublevel ("PartIII") but not
afterwards. I tested it locally with EXT:sphinx (simply copied the clone
of Flow.git into typo3conf/ext/flow and created a dumb ext_emconf.php to
be able to load this "extension" and thus show it within EXT:sphinx).

When compiling as static (thus html just as on docs.typo3.org) with
latest RestTools, the menu on left stays open, although current chapter
is not detected anymore once we move to a 3rd level menu entry (just as
in your case "Validation") => menu on left properly shows The definitive
Guide > Part I, Part II, Part III, ... but Part III is not selected).
Maybe this helps understanding what may be wrong on docs.typo3.org.

Perhaps some older version of the RestTools are still being used? Martin
could double check.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6