[TYPO3-doc] left nav menu is always collapsed?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Jul 19 10:20:15 CEST 2013

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Floyd wrote:

> Or, is the menu generator confused because we use the same character for
> both heading 1 and heading 2, the only difference being that heading 1
> includes an overline?

No, that should not be an issue. It should be able to tell this appart.

> Or are you saying that all rest files within the Flow package need to use
> headings consistently? So the character used must be the same in both
> Quickstart and The Definitive Guide?

Yes. I do not know for 100%, thus you should try with a few pages first, but
this is what happened to me:

I had a single page containing two first level headlines. Sphinx mode two
final pages out if it instead of one. Thus sphinx keeps track of all
headings used and creates the menu accordingly, independed of where they are
located (single file or splitt up).

As said, I do not know for sure, but you should give it a try.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!