[TYPO3-doc] left nav menu is always collapsed?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jul 18 12:59:55 CEST 2013

Hi Jacob,

Jacob Floyd wrote:

> I made a mind map[2] that shows where the menus do and don't work.
> nav-aside is called "Main Menu" and the in-page menu that pops out from
> the side is what I called "Side Menu". The menus only work for the first
> two levels and then stops.
>
> I would love suggestions on how to fix this.

You need to have the correct order of menus. If you use different styles say
both ''''''''''' and ^^^^^^^^ for the third level menu, then it will not
work.

Same thing happens if you mix the nesting in different parts of the reST
structure.

Actually you use different ways to markup headlines ... you can verify that
if you look at the source of the given link (validators) and then compare
this to quickstart.

Have a look at the official manual "Chapert 1" to see a suggestion (used for
all CMS manuals).

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!