[TYPO3-doc] Integrating "Disqus" on docs.typo3.org

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jul 15 21:09:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 15-7-2013 18:18, Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> I dont want to stop you in the opinion collection, but please take into
> account that there is a need that the solution you choose gives the T3A
> (as the legal responsible for the typo3.org) the posibililty to act on
> their own in a very short intervall.
[...]
> PS: If I can add my personal opinion to it: please choose a solution
> that can be selfcatered. We had enough experience with webservices dying
> underway (etherpad).

I have to agree with Olivier that the legal side of these solutions are
more complicated than "us programmers" can oversee.

A very quick search for self-hosted solutions already produced tools
such as Juvia [1] (a Ruby based disqus-like commenting solution that
also uses a JavaScript block to inject the comments in the page).

I'm not suggesting that this is the ideal tool, it was just the first
one that I found during a very quick search.

[1] https://github.com/phusion/juvia

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor