[TYPO3-doc] Integrating "Disqus" on docs.typo3.org

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Jul 14 18:02:02 CEST 2013

Hi Olivier,

> Dont want to spoil the party, but i think you should ask the TYPO3
> Association before doing so.

We can. Who should we contact? Any particular person?

> If you want a reason for why you should do so, then google for the word:
> "Störerhaftung".

Could you sum that up in English please? I try to find stuff in English,
but this seems to be pretty much a German thing.

> Additionally in the shadows of the NSA / Prims affair i would opt out
> from using a US based company for such a service for the TYPO3 community.

I wouldn't, for the simple reason that this affair is by far not
restricted to the US. Pretty much every government seems to be spying on
all the Internet traffic that it can. Many European countries have
already admitted as much and there's no reason to believe that those who
don't speak are refraining from doing so.

Using our own solution hosted on the server of our choice wouldn't help
either, because it's the whole traffic that is being monitored. Except
if we encrypt everything. But we don't have the manpower to develop such
a system.

I would say that going with Disqus should be fine, but we can provide a
disclaimer. So who in the Association could help with this?

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -
http://www.monpetitcoin.com/en/francois/support-me/