[TYPO3-doc] Encouraging people to contribute with Github

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Wed Feb 27 14:43:39 CET 2013

On 02/27/2013 02:36 PM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 27-2-2013 11:12, Philipp Gampe wrote:
>> After all, I do not care to which remote I push.
>
> Well, I don't think I can push anything to that GitHub thingy without
> doing more than simply using Git the way I've learned to do (probably
> need an account and maybe extra settings?)
>
> My main concern in this thread has simply been ignored:
> we agreed that once the documentation team had everything sorted out
> with branches and stuff (could that be the reason why the documentation
> has been left alone a bit to give the team a chance to restructure
> everything?) features which needed changes in documentation would have
> an extra issue+patch for the documentation and once the code change is
> merged the documentation could also be merged.
> How is this done with GitHub, especially when looking at the
> relationship between the patches in Gerrit, the relationship between
> issues and patches in forge, the automatic status updates, etc.

Just as a side-note, not an excuse:
I've recently submitted a patch which got "blocked" because of missing
documentation. And I still don't know how to proceed further in that
matter - although I know how to use gerrit :-)

Imho it's not a problem of "not wanting" or "not easy enough".

PS: Please don't take this personal though ...

Kind regards,
 Stefan