[TYPO3-doc] Encouraging people to contribute with Github

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Feb 27 14:36:08 CET 2013

Hi,

On 27-2-2013 11:12, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> After all, I do not care to which remote I push.

Well, I don't think I can push anything to that GitHub thingy without
doing more than simply using Git the way I've learned to do (probably
need an account and maybe extra settings?)

My main concern in this thread has simply been ignored:
we agreed that once the documentation team had everything sorted out
with branches and stuff (could that be the reason why the documentation
has been left alone a bit to give the team a chance to restructure
everything?) features which needed changes in documentation would have
an extra issue+patch for the documentation and once the code change is
merged the documentation could also be merged.
How is this done with GitHub, especially when looking at the
relationship between the patches in Gerrit, the relationship between
issues and patches in forge, the automatic status updates, etc.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!