[TYPO3-doc] Encouraging people to contribute with Github

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Feb 25 19:35:21 CET 2013

Hi François,

François Suter wrote:

> Obviously having some kind of online ReST editor somehow connected to
> our documentation would be even better, but given the small manpower
> available to the Doc Team I don't see this happening any time in the
> future. If one of you is enthusiastic about implementing that, please
> make yourself known.

In played around with gollum [1] the editor used for the github wikis, but
have not done much further.

[1] https://github.com/github/gollum

The project does not seem to be very active.

https://github.com/ajaxorg/ace
Is the official editor that drives this editing feature of github. However
this covers only the JavaScript part and not the git part.

IMHO we have other priorities, but if someone has some spare time and wants
to get his hands dirty with some awesome code, then go ahead ;)

I prefer to keep the repositories on t3o, but provide github mirrors. That
should be rather easy, because those sync scripts are already in use for
TYPO3 CMS Travis testing.

We should ask Andy if he already has some working code that turns pull
requests into gerrit change requests.
At least he should know if someone worked on this already.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!