[TYPO3-doc] Encouraging people to contribute with Github

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Feb 24 12:12:28 CET 2013

Hi,

On 22-2-2013 15:12, François Suter wrote:
> As discussed yesterday evening during the team meeting, I really like
> this idea, as it make far easier for casual editors to contribute.

How does using GitHub work with the proposed workflow for patches for
the core combined with corresponding documentation patches (for features
and other patches which need documentation changes)?

Also, we have complete control over the infrastructure used for git /
gerrit / etc. The hosters are very much connected to TYPO3 and the
community. Moving things over to GitHub means moving it to a company
which has no ties with TYPO3 or the community; our server team works
extremely hard to keep things running smoothly. If GitHub has problems
their priority will be the paying customers. Free accounts for
OpenSource projects will a nice extra.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member