[TYPO3-doc] Encouraging people to contribute with Github

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Feb 22 15:12:23 CET 2013

Hi,

As discussed yesterday evening during the team meeting, I really like
this idea, as it make far easier for casual editors to contribute.

> Actually this is not strictly needed for us. Every time you enter this kind of URL and validate a
> change, the system will create a*new branch*  in your forked repository which is in sync with the
> master.

Sounds good.

> Besides that, and more generally speaking, I don't think Github can make a sync of a repository from
> the web interface and CLI commands will be requiredhttps://help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork.
> For casual contributors, it could be easier to drop the repository and re-fork. I know it sounds a
> bit brute force!

Indeed a bit brutal, but maybe ok. Also since the documentation does not
change that much overall, this may not be needed too often. Most pull
requests may still apply well most of the time I guess.

Anyway we would have to test this workflow a bit, but the principle is
really interesting.