[TYPO3-doc] New extensions page

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Sun Feb 24 10:07:14 CET 2013

Hi Philipp,

>The extension version dropdown should be sorted from newest to oldest,

yes, good idea. *I did that* already and changed the sort order.

BTW: The data is pulled in as a normal static javascript file. I
just need to clear the browsers cache to get the newest one. Can
we circumvent that problem by serverside means?

>If possible, a direct extension key match should be sorted on top.

That would mean that while you're typing "fileupload" the entry
"file" suddenly changes position and moves to the top and with the
next keystroke returns to it's usual position ...

But I agree, we could add some "smart" behaviour without changing
what we currently have. For example we could have "file" plus
blank ("file ") do an EXACT search.

Or allow "?" as a wild card replacing one charachter. Then you
/could/ type "???" to see all entries ...

Sail on ...

Martin

PS: Fixed: And I ran a little repair job that fixed a CSS problem
with the extension manuals. Problem was that they would initally
have no style at all.

--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Documentation Team Member

http://mbless.de