[TYPO3-doc] Rendering extension manuals on docs.typo3.org - github hook still needed?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Aug 27 08:15:07 CEST 2013

Hi Torsten,

> 1) While rendering my manuals locally, I get some warnings like
> "Includes.txt:14: ERROR: Unknown interpreted text role 'code'." What
> could be the reason? Despite the warnings, the manuals render fine though…

Are you using Sphinx Documentation Viewer or the other (older) Backend
module like File List?

Are you using JSON (= interactive) output or HTML? If JSON the reason
could be that t3sphinx is not loaded (since it is not compatible with
JSON) and as such this role is not known. Perhaps you could prepare a
MWE (Minimal Working Example) from a Sphinx project reproducing the
problem and attach it to a ticket in the bug tracker.

> 2) From [1] I gathered that the manuals now get rendered automatically
> once I upload the extensions to TER. But so far this is not the case:
>
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/cobj_xpath/
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/cobj_xslt/
>
> Maybe I messed something up within my Documentation folder structure?

No, unfortunately I thought I could write this and play with the slight
delay between someone actually tries to get his converted documentation
rendered and the time Martin needed to finalize the implementation.
AFAIK there is little to do but he was a bit busy and could not do it
again. Should be working soon hopefully.

> You can see my ReST structure at [2] and [3]. Or is the other technique

Settings.yml looks OK. "project" is supposed to be the project name =>
"XPATH Content Object", not "cobj_xpath".

Index.rst won't work as expected, when you write ".. only:: html" the
whole content that is part of this test should be indented, this is not
the case in your document. You'll see the "problem" if you compile as
PDF. It should be indented like that:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/sphinx/latest/_sources/Index.txt

Furthermore, I suggest to write the text "**Table of Contents**" before
the toctree, indented as well, because it eases the rendering.

> using a github hook to trigger the rendering on docs.typo3.org still
> needed?

No, this was just a way to get started with ReST with custom projects on
docs.typo3.org but this is closed for new projects since we now want to
render when released to TER solely and let people "test" locally with
EXT:sphinx or their install from scratch.

Cheers
Xavier

--
Xavier Perseguers