[TYPO3-doc] TYPO3 4.5 to 6.2 LTS smooth migration: editor's perspective

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Tue Aug 6 14:38:34 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

As discussed in our last DocTeam meeting in July [1], I contacted
Ernesto regarding an (official?) document that supports editors in their
step from TYPO3 CMS 4.5 LTS to 6.2 LTS.

He agrees full-heartedly that such a document would be great, is
important and is very much in line with the main goals of the 6.2 LTS
release. He also confirmed that there are no plans for this yet.

I created task #50749 [2] at the "LTS Smooth Migration" project [3] in
order to have this written down somewhere.

We both think that the "What's New" slides [4] are an ideal foundation
for the document (the slides which list the changes for editors of
course). However, I see the document as a "real" document rather than a
collection of bullet points on slides :-)

We also discussed things like screenshots, screencasts, etc. but nothing
set in concrete yet (and too early to commit to anything). Besides the
"main" document, which will certainly be in English language, a German
version would be nice-to-have.

That's pretty much the current state :-)

I am happy to coordinate the process and contribute some (as much as I
can) content, especially the stuff from the "What's New" slides. Anyone
willing to join forces?

Further details about the intended document at [2]. If you have any
questions or comments, feel free to send me an email or post a message
in the DocTeam mailing list [5].

Cheers
Michael

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-docteam/wiki/2013-07-18